LET'S JUDGE || The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You

I don't know about you, but when I see a book, I judge the crap out of it. I take in everything. I judge font, models, art work, ov...


I don't know about you, but when I see a book, I judge the crap out of it. I take in everything. I judge font, models, art work, overall message. Everything. If I see it, you can bet your last dollar I'm critically eyeing it. It's actually one of my favorite parts of reading. SO IMAGINE HOW JOYOUSLY JUBILANT I WAS WHEN I DISCOVERED THIS MEME OVER YONDER ON SAILING THROUGH THE BOOKS. The meme is called When I First Saw You. And that title is so great and sounds actually kind of sweet. Like the title of a meet cute love story. But I'm in a harsh mood, so I'm renaming it to "Let's Judge".

NOW LET'S JUDGE THE HELL OUT OF THIS BOOK COVER!


OBSERVE
Alright so looking at the cover, I see speech bubbles, and thought clouds, and other traditional comic book details. So I'm thinking SOMEBODY in this book is a huge nerd. Also I see a generic white couple standing by the ocean, which reminds me of every Nicholas Sparks book cover ever. And the chic's foot is poppin, so she's got the hots for the shaggy haired dweeby fella. *squints* *cocks head* ...that actually might be a flat chested woman. I'm not entirely sure. Actually what are the ages of these people??!?

JUDGE
This is where I guess the synopsis without any knowledge of the book other than it's cover.

Nicholas Sparks meets The Big Bang Theory in this classic tale about nerds falling in love. Pat White loves to read comics and wear t-shirts with puns, and he hoards tater tots in his pockets to eat later. Julie Summers is a huge fan of science and she has all kinds of rigidly set goals for her life, and no time for boys. And then Pat and Julie are shoved together for a school project. They can't agree on anything. They hate each other. And then lo and behold, all that bickering just turns out to be the foundation for a romantical nerdy ship that everyone will sail.

Idk what the heckie they're talking about, but I feel like it's the kind of quote you can find in this book.

REVEAL
This is the real Goodreads synopsis for the book. Yeehee! Let's see how I did a;sldjf...

Trixie Watson has two very important goals for senior year: to finally save enough to buy the set of Doctor Who figurines at the local comic books store, and to place third in her class and knock Ben West--and his horrendous new mustache that he spent all summer growing--down to number four.

Trixie will do anything to get her name ranked over Ben's, including give up sleep and comic books--well, maybe not comic books--but definitely sleep. After all, the war of Watson v. West is as vicious as the Doctor v. Daleks and Browncoats v. Alliance combined, and it goes all the way back to the infamous monkey bars incident in the first grade. Over a decade later, it's time to declare a champion once and for all.

The war is Trixie's for the winning, until her best friend starts dating Ben's best friend and the two are unceremoniously dumped together and told to play nice. Finding common ground is odious and tooth-pullingly-painful, but Trixie and Ben's cautious truce slowly transforms into a fandom-based tentative friendship. When Trixie's best friend gets expelled for cheating and Trixie cries foul play, however, they have to choose who to believe and which side they're on--and they might not pick the same side. 

COMPARE
aaaAAHH okay! Okay cool, the girl is a Doctor Who fan SO I'M RIGHT! There's a nerd in the book! And that flat chested gent IS a guy. AND HE HAS A HORRENDOUS MUSTACHE SO I WAS ON THE RIGHT TRACK WITH MY DESCRIPTION OF HIM! omg the synopsis references Firefly *geeks out* AND THEY DON'T GET ALONG SO I WAS RIGHT THERE TOO! *flailing*


I feel like for my first time, I did really good (tbh I got a smug grin right now, and I feel like my judging skills are on point wahooo TO MOI!).
 How do you think I did? DID YOU JUDGE THE BOOK AND WERE YOU RIGHT??

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I must say, this was impressive! Also, your descriptions of them made me laugh SO hard. It really DOES look (and sound, from the real synopsis, actually) like Nicholas Sparks meets Big Bang Theory- you should probably go ahead and offer that to them for the cover (at a price- sell that shit!) This is FABULOUS, and I am loving this feature! Every single post I've read has been fabulous, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you are A GENIUS, CLEARLY. XD And yes, heck yes, I judge books all the time. Cover, title, size...for goodness sakes I judge the font. I actually really hate it when I recognise the font??? Because that probably means it's a free font and C'MON DESIGNERS YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT OMG. Ahem. But this was really hilarious to read, SJ. ;D

    ReplyDelete