Monthly TBR: March 2016 + *BURSTS THROUGH THE DOOR* I'M BACK, BLOGGAHS

Okay so I'm basically a damp piece of end bread. A few weeks ago, I warned you all I would be taking a brief hiatus. A small break....


Okay so I'm basically a damp piece of end bread. A few weeks ago, I warned you all I would be taking a brief hiatus. A small break. I'd be gone a week, grab a taco, recharge, come back. All would be well. You'd barely notice I was gone. 

BUT ALAS MY SMALL VACATION TURNED INTO A FULL BLOWN HOLIDAY! I WAS GONE NEARLY A MONTH WITH FEW UPDATES ON MY PART, AND MY BLOGGING EMAIL ACCOUNT BLEW UP WITH OVER 400 EMAILS, AND I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY I'VE NOT COMMENTED ON ANYONE'S POSTS LATELY *sobs* 

To those who didn't notice I was gone? haha *hides my blog content and their dates* I've been here the whole time. It's okay. Carry on ignoring me as before. I'm not a neglectful blogger at ALL.


FORMAL APOLOGIES

Kind sirs and Queens, I am so emphatically apologetic for neglecting to reply to your lovely comments on all of my posts. For the past month (or longer), I'll read comments and not respond to them. I'll respond to a few, but as the post sits there and accumulates attention, I stop showing up to thank you for dropping some words in response to my post. I am so sorry. I hate when I go to a blog, take the time to write my thoughts, and then I'm not even acknowledged. Believe me, kind readers, I'm seeing everything you say. I read it, love it, appreciate the heck out of it, want more of it! I'm sorry for being a hypocritical blogger. There are loads of excuses I could throw at you (for example: I have no time! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY! I just forgot to respond!), and they'd all be true mostly, but in the long and short of the matter I'm just lazy. I saw your comment, was like "thank you, beautiful land mermaid." and then I just didn't respond. 

In short, I am sorry. Please bear with me. I'm working on being less of a hypocrite, and treating all of you as I would wish to be treated. No matter what you are appreciated and noticed.

Second apology: sorry this post is gonna be so damn tootin long.



LIFE OF A BLOGGER

I'VE NOT BEEN STARING OUT THE WINDOW AND CONTEMPLATING MY CRAPPY FUTURE AND DOING NOTHING ELSE THIS WHOLE TIME tho there was some of that. I DID HOWEVER

-Visit my best friend. I left my home (where I've been getting hella bad cabin fever), and spent a week with my best friend in her city. Far from my parents. I went to the bookstore a lot, and sat around and watched movies, and met people, and got blisters because she walks everywhere and I brought the wrong shoes. Listened to dub step with a guy who looked like a Civil War soldier. It was a chill trip. It gave me a taste for freedom, and I kind of want that back.

- Celebrated my birthday. I TURNED 20 YEARS OLD. My birthday kind of came and went. And I spent it at some college function that had slide shows about the Saudi Arabian education system and they served rice and chicken or lamb... definitely a unique birthday. This age is dank but the celebration was rather lackluster.


-Created a Society6 store. Yeah so this is fun! I'm designing stuff with book and television quotes and references. I don't care if people aren't buying my stuff. It's just really enjoyable to create something and see it on a tote bag or a shower curtain.

- I've discovered that I'm not so much a bookworm as I am a story-holic. I like STORIES. IN ANY FORM. So while I do love reading, I kind of swayed towards netflix for the month of February (got addicted to Jane The Virgin, and Fuller House). BUT I MISSED WORDS THAT CAST SPELLS UPON THE IMAGINATION SO I'M BACK!


FEBRUARY GOALS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Well would you look at that! I FAILED AGAIN AND MORE SEVERELY! I've noticed a pattern in my life- if I have a plan, my brain automatically goes REJECT THAT. So I didn't read all that I wanted to (or as much as I wanted to). But I did read two of the books! So there's something! :) ...also I'm currently reading Clockwork Prince

AND HERE ARE ALL THE BOOKS I READ. I definitely could have done better. My personal goal is to read at least five books a month, so I fell short. Honestly, guys, February was just not my month. But these were some great books. All winners for me, and I want them on my bookshelf!


MARCH GOALS

I'm going to try something different this month. I'm just going to read whatever the hell I want and not try to stick with a list Past Me created. No matter what I read, I DO want to try and read more of The Lunar Chronicles series, and The Infernal Devices trilogy, and a classic novel. I got to chip some of those away.


WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON READING THIS MONTH
And goodness, what have you been up to!? I'm so out of the loop! What'd you read this month? What's happening in your lives? I want to hear it all, good buddies!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. yay! I missed your posts. And I get it. we all do that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a great time away and don't ever feel guilty about taking time off of blogging (repeat after me-blogging is a hobby, blogging is a hobby :D). And I LOVE your March reading plan-yes peoples, this is what I've been shouting from the rooftops! Read whatever the heck you feel like reading and just have FUN with it! After trying it though, you may never want to go back to the old way-it's way more fun to be a 'free range' reader lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SJ - live your life! It sounds like you've had an awesome time whilst on your hiatus haha!
    And that's actually a great way to put it - I think I'm a story-holic too! That explains my love for Netflix haha xD
    But hey - one book is better than zero books right? I read somewhere that the average adult reads less than 7 books a year (NOT SURE WITH THE NUMBERS - it's been a while since I've seen this stat). So if you keep going at the pace you're going - you're still gonna read more than the average adult! :D
    I can't wait to hear more of you reading Clockwork Prince and Princess - I LOVE that series a lot haha, and I love seeing people get sucked into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry land mermaid!

    (My new fave expression.)

    ReplyDelete